Research: My primary research interest is internet architecture. If you want to share exciting papers in the field with me, feel free to send me an email. I would be very grateful as I have noticed a lot of the time reading good papers helps one understand how to do good research and can help me progress in research projects I am working on. I particularly welcome people sending me research papers related to the following:
- Cloud-based ISP, reducing the latency of page loads on the internet via a content “gathering” network.
- Internet at the speed of light, speculative execution in online games, reducing latency in web applications.
- Load-balancing in datacenters, optimizing throughput in datacenters and datacenters in general.
- Large scale internet measurements and their analysis, especially ones for developing regions.
- Finished spring semester with a perfect 4.0 GPA. A+s and As in all CS courses. 🙂 – June, 2017
- Work on Content Gathering Networks with Dr. Ankit Singla and Debopam Bhattacherjee got accepted to Usenix HotCloud ’17. – April, 2017
- Got accepted as a summer research intern at EPFL. I will be working in the lab of Prof. Jean Yves Le Boudec. – February, 2017
- My work on load-balancing in datacenters got accepted by NSDI 2017 as a poster. Read it here. – February, 2017
- Submitted first paper to ACM Sigcomm! The paper includes some work I did under the mentorship of Dr. Ankit on the Internet at the Speed of Light project. Co-authored with Ankit Singla, P. Brighten Godfrey, Sangeetha Abdu Jyothi, Ilker Nadi Bozkurt, Anthony Aguirre, Balakrishnan Chandrasekaran, Gregory Laughlin and Bruce Maggs. 🙂 🙂 🙂 – January, 2017
- Finished another Fall semester with a perfect gpa of 4.0. A+ in all CS courses. As in all other courses. Once again, eyes on the merit scholarship. 🙂 – January, 2017
- Dr. Ankit gave me another project on reducing latency on the internet with one of his PhD students, Debopam Bhattacherjee. – November, 2016
- Our load-balancing project was rejected by HotNets ’16. 😦 No matter, we’re working more on it. Onwards to SIGCOMM! – October, 2016
- Didn’t flunk the GRE! 168 in quant, 166 in verbal, 5.0 in Writing. 🙂 – September, 2016
- I will be taking my GRE on August 31. Will post update on score. Will retake in senior year if score bad. – August, 2016
- I have gotten a unique opportunity of being allowed to assist with an incredibly interesting and exciting project called “Online Gaming at the Speed of Light” by Dr. Ankit Singla of ETH Zürich. Keep checking my blog for posts related to all the fun stuff I learn during it. – August, 2016
- The research project I worked on during the summers in my research internship with Dr. Ihsan got submitted to HotNets 16. Looking forward to see whether it gets published or not on September 17. – August, 2016
- Dr. Ihsan Ayyub Qazi allowed me to continue working on the awesome project he assigned me during the coming Fall semester with him as a 2 credit hour Directed Research Project. – July, 2016
- Dr. Ihsan Ayyub Qazi assigned me an awesome project to work on as part of the research internship. It is focused on using Backpressure (of wireless and radio network fame) as a load-balancing algorithm for Datacenters. Very awesome concept. – June, 2016
- Finished Spring semester with a gpa of 3.91. Got a B+ in Pakistan Studies, which ruined my chances of getting the merit scholarship for this year. The money could have helped out a lot. Pakistan Studies sucks. 😦 – June, 2016
- I have been selected by Dr. Ihsan Ayyub Qazi for a summer research internship on Computer Networks. Very big opportunity to groom myself as a researcher, looking forward to making the most of it. – May, 2016
- Finished Fall semester with a perfect gpa of 4.0. A+ in all CS courses. As in all other courses. Eyes on the merit scholarship. 🙂 – January, 2016
- Finished Spring semester with a gpa of 3.79. Really messed up academically this semester. Need to improve and choose courses more wisely. – June, 2015
- Selected Computer Science as my major. Ironic since I came to LUMS to study Physics but now I like Computer Science more. – May, 2015