- ACM Sigcomm 2017 Submission on Internet at the Speed of Light. Rejected.
- ACM HotNets 2016 Submission on Load-balancing in Datacenters. Rejected.
- USENIX NSDI 2017 Submission on Content Gathering Networks. Rejected.
Academic Prospects – Undergraduate
- MIT – Undergraduate Admissions. Rejected.
- NUS – Undergraduate Admissions. Rejected.
- MIT – Transfer Admissions. Rejected.
- EPFL – Summer Research Internship. Rejected.
Academic Performance – Undergraduate
- Failed to get an A in Introductory Biology (Bio-101). Ended up with a B+ even though I tried really really hard.
- Failed to get an A in Engineering Lab (EE-100). Ended up with a B+.
- Failed to get an A in Principles of Chemistry and Chemistry Lab. Ended up with a B and a B+ respectively.
- Failed to get an A in Pakistan Studies. Ended up with a B+.
Academic Performance – Highschool
- Failed to get an A* in A-Level Chemistry. Ended up with a C.
- Failed to take both A-Level Further Mathematics and A-Level Biology.
- Failed to get an A* in A-Level Mathematics. Ended up with an A.
- Failed to ace the SAT, ended up with a 2100 out of 2400.
- Failed to ace the SAT Chemistry subject test. Ended up with a 730 out of 800.
- Failed to get an A* in O-Level Urdu as a second language even though Urdu is my first language. Ended up with a B. (No seriously, get this. I took the exam of a language intended for people foreign to the language, while being a native speaker of that language, and still failed to ace it.)
- Failed to treat one of my four sisters fairly until I turned 20. Was consistently an asshole to her throughout my childhood.
- Failed to get place in my middle school’s football (soccer) team.
- Failed to get place in my middle school’s substitute football team. (was I that bad? Ouch).
- Failed to make any new friends between grade 8 and freshman year of engineering school.
- Failed to become a positive role model for my siblings.
- Failed to establish any kind of communication or constructive relationship with either of my grandfathers (paternal and maternal). I have been disowned and disinherited by both since my early childhood. (To reiterate, was I that bad? Ouch).
- First website launched, called “Road2Nerdvana.com”, did not generate any revenue. Stopped hosting it after a year.
- Failed to create a top-down RPG game, something I have wanted to do all my life.
- Failed to earn money by freelance programming.
- Failed to write a sci-fi novel and/or popular science book, once again something I have wanted to do all my life.
- Consistently failed to reach ideal BMI weight (am overweight by at least 4 kg).
- Failed to completely phase out carbonated drinks and high-sugar junk food.
- Failed to stop tics that cause my fingers and neck to twitch involuntarily. This eventually caused carpal tunnel syndrome.